Welcome to Stellaris your centre for governance education and business training
Welcome to Stellaris. We specialise in governance education and training for directors, trustees and executive committees.
Stellaris has worked with organisations ranging in size from publicly listed international companies through to small charitable organisations.
Whatever we do we do with you in mind with a programme exactly right for you.
Stellaris provides creative solutions that give you the skills to take control.
We say "Get the Skills. Gain the Knowledge. Take Control!"
Our experts can give you a wealth of experience and support, providing
- education and
for every business situation.
One size never fits all!
We listen carefully, assess your specific requirements, and then tailor programmes for you to fit your budget and goals.
Our solutions make it easy, giving you the skills and confidence to take you to the next level.
Where to from here?
You can contact us to request particular topics or to enquire about or book a customised programme for your business. We are always happy to hear from you!
Stellaris offers a range of special interest training workshops, courses and seminars. The menu changes regularly, so feel free to contact us to see what we have on offer and check back here regularly to read about our latest courses.
Certificate in Governance (Level 7)
This Certificate is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and successful completion will allow learners to have the Certificate added to their Record of learning at NZQA.
Comprising a course of 40 credits over 8 papers this is the ONLY NZQA approved programme for directors in New Zealand.
Click here for more information about this programme.
One day courses:
- Understanding the accounts
This one day programme is for those who are new to reading the accounts or would like a refresher on the financials. Delivered in plain English this is an introduction for those who want the numbers to tell them the story
- “The Directors Chair” - understanding what good governance is
This one day course covers the basics of how to make governance add value to the organisation. Directors and trustees with little experience and those with a wealth of experience have found this overview programme immensely practical.
- An introduction to the responsibilities and liabilities of Directors
Being a director is more than signing your name on the company registration form.
If you get it wrong your personal assets might not be as safe as you think.
- The 15 reasons you can be fined $5000, 31 reasons you can be fined $10000 even when the other Directors caused the problems!
- How a friend of a company owner was found liable to repay almost $1 million of losses because his “friend” didn’t tell him everything when he asked him to become a director
- Why recent legal decisions mean the courts insist that “silent” or “sleeping” partners must be involved in the business
- How to test whether your company meets the solvency test
- Who can and can’t be a director?
- How you aren’t necessarily protected because you have a Limited Liability company when you are the Director
- What a “deemed” Director is and how your company advisors may really be directors of your company (or you may be a director and didn’t realise it!)
- Proposed changes to make the law even more stringent.
Strategy for your Board
A key role for a Board of Directors is to set the strategic direction for the business. This is not always as easy as might first appear.
Let Stellaris facilitate your strategy session. We will guide you through a process which ensures that the strategy you set for the future is:
- In line with your vision and values
- Takes into account your strengths and weaknesses and the opportunities in your industry
- Identifies steps to move forward.
You can also contact us at Stellaris to request particular topics or to enquire about or book a customised programme for your business or organisation.